CR WELDING | SKILLED FABRICATOR WELDER - MIG
CR Welding Services Ltd is a well-established manufacturer of metalworking projects at the forefront of UK industry. We build awesome stuff and have a close-knit team of highly skilled staff. Every project provides new challenges and requires vision and passion for delivering quality across the business.
CR Welding works with a vast customer base across all areas of the engineering industry involving work within the building, construction, exhibition, POS, hospitality, vehicle, defence and other industry sectors. Virtually all of our projects are unique and are built by an expert team of staff at our factory in Sharnford, Leicestershire, LE10 3AD.
We are looking to expand our engineering team and are looking for experienced, highly skilled fabricator welders to join the existing team. You will be working with a team of highly qualified craftsmen working on exciting and innovative projects with the opportunity for varied work as part of a small team and gaining of additional skills.
£10.08 to £12.75 per hour dependent on qualifications and experience with opportunity for overtime working.
Who are you?
As a skilled fabricator welder, you will have served a recognised apprenticeship or have extensive time served and be able to manufacture and fit bespoke components from engineering drawings or to suit job requirements. Reporting to your Team Leader or the Production Director, this role will require a high level of autonomy and reliability. You will be enthusiastic and have a willingness to learn new trades and skills.
An ability to MIG weld is essential, as well as an ability to use a range of workshop equipment.
You may also be required to travel from time to time to our client sites using a work vehicle, so a driving licence is necessary.
What you’ll do…
- Undertake fabrication, assembly and fitting of custom parts and assembly components to the correct quality levels and set timescales
- MIG welding components in various positions (vertical, horizontal or overhead)
- Use fabrication tools including press brakes, guillotines, hand tools, air tools, band saws, drills, pillar drills, grinders, etc.
- Manage a variety of fabrication jobs from start to finish, working to a high standard both individually and as part of a team
- Work in a fast-paced environment with fast changing priorities working with other team members to maximize productivity and efficiency
- Work at alternative locations as required by the Production Director (e.g. customer premises, alternative work locations, etc.)
What we’re looking for
- Skilled MIG fabricator welding up to 25mm in mild steel and aluminium with at least 3 years’ experience
- Ability to interpret engineering drawings, plans and instructions
- Ability to work accurately under pressure (to meet deadlines etc.) demonstrating a logical and methodical approach to dealing with workloads.
- A flexible and adaptable approach to changing situations and workload with flexibility to work outside normal operating hours when workload and deadlines require
- Good communication skills with other team members, customers, suppliers, contractors, etc.
- An acceptable level of physical fitness. Ability to lift and carry heavy objects within health and safety guidelines.
- Full driving licence
Nice to have
- Evidence of previous welding approval and or coding qualification is highly desirable
- A recognised apprenticeship or extensive time served
- TIG welding experience in aluminium and stainless steel
- City and Guilds qualification
- Clean Driving licence
- Fork lift licence
- HGV licence
40 hours per week. 07:30 – 16:30 Monday to Thursday, 07:30 to 15:00 Friday plus overtime as required.
28 days annual holiday included statutory holidays and Christmas shutdown.
Fabrication, Welding, Sheet, MIG, TIG, Engineer,
Applications Via Email or Post :
To apply for the above role, please send your letter of introduction, including your detailed C.V. via email or post, addressed to the Production Director.
CR Welding Services Ltd
Home Barn Farm