CR WELDING | TRAINEE FABRICATOR WELDER
CR Welding Services Ltd is a well-established manufacturer of metalworking projects at the forefront of UK industry. We build awesome stuff and have a close-knit team of highly skilled staff. Every project provides new challenges and requires vision and passion for delivering quality across the business.
CR Welding works with a vast customer base across all areas of the engineering industry involving work within the building, construction, exhibition, POS, hospitality, vehicle, defence and other industry sectors. Virtually all of our projects are unique and are built by an expert team of staff at our factory in Sharnford, Leicestershire, LE10 3AD.
We are looking to expand our engineering team and are looking for trainee fabricator welders to join the existing team. You will be working with a team of highly qualified craftsmen working on exciting and innovative projects with the opportunity for varied work as part of a small team and gaining of practical skills.
NATIONAL MINUMUM WAGE
Who are you?
NO EXPERIENCE REQUIRED – FULL TRAINING PROVIDED
The ideal candidate will be looking to work from the ground up, learn on the job, and have the eventual goal of becoming a fabricator welder, gaining vast knowledge in the steel industry.
We have a fantastic new job opportunity for a Trainee Fabricator Welder with a hard-working attitude, and a willingness to learn.
As a trainee Fabricator Welder you will join a busy work environment, helping out with general works duties alongside training to become a full-time structural fabricator. Training provided will cover all aspects of structural steel fabricating, including reading engineering drawings, setting out and welding.
Working as a trainee the general duties will include plate distribution, sawing, and general housekeeping, assisting fabricators and welders and transporting materials between pitches in the factory. This is a hands-on role which at times can be physically demanding.
The successful candidate will be trained to become a qualified Fabricator and will have the ambition to commit to learning all aspects of warehousing, plating, welding and fabrication.
What you’ll do…
- Assist the warehouse in all duties.
- Assisting the welders
- Assisting the platers and learning how to plate steel components ready for erection
- Assist the fabrication team
- Any other duties as requested
- Happy to work in all weather conditions due to this role being both indoors and outdoors
You will be expected:
- To learn and understand engineering drawings for parts to be welded and fabricated
- To learn the use of hand tools, power tools and marking out
- To learn metalworking processes including shearing, folding, and cutting etc.
- To learn measurement and inspection techniques
- To learn welding activities on a wide range of components and materials including mild steel, stainless steel, aluminium etc. and other metals as may be required
- Carry out tasks and duties as directed by the training instructor
What we’re looking for
- Positive, hardworking attitude
- A flexible and adaptable approach to changing situations and workload with flexibility to work outside normal operating hours when workload and deadlines require
- Good communication skills with other team members, customers, suppliers, contractors, etc.
- An acceptable level of physical fitness. Ability to lift and carry heavy objects within health and safety guidelines.
- Full driving licence
Nice to have
- Evidence of previous employers recommendations
- GCSE grades (A – C)
- City and Guilds qualification (other)
- Clean Driving licence
- Fork lift licence
- HGV licence
40 hours per week. 07:30 – 16:30 Monday to Thursday, 07:30 to 15:00 Friday plus overtime as required.
28 days annual holiday included statutory holidays and Christmas shutdown.
Fabrication, Welding, Sheet, MIG, TIG, Engineer,
Expected start date: ASAP
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: National minimum wage
Applications Via Email or Post :
To apply for the above role, please send your letter of introduction, including your detailed C.V. via email or post, addressed to the Production Director.
CR Welding Services Ltd
Home Barn Farm